Vlees Bay Attractions
Enjoy long walks on the ivory sand beach, lie in the sun on the deck or wake up to the noise of seagulls and oyster catchers, enjoying themselves on the rocks. Go for an early morning swim and refresh your body with a cold shower outside whilst watching the whales and dolphins. Tennis and Squash Courts, 10 minutes drive to Boggoms Bay.
Mossel Bay is within close proximity and can be reached within 15 minutes and offers all that could be required for shopping, restaurants and sight seeing:
- Boat trips Deep sea fishing
- Shark cage diving
- Helicopter flips
- Historical walks
- Hiking and biking
The Albatross Beach House is located on the Oystercatcher Trail.
For more information on things to do in the area, please visit www.visitmosselbay.co.za.
- Mossel Bay – 30 Minutes
- George Airport – 1 Hour
- Knysna – 1½ Hour
- Plettenberg Bay – 2 Hours
- Oudtshoorn – 1 Hour 15 minutes
- Cape Town to Swellendam – 188km
- Swellendam to Riversdal – 76km
- Riversdal to Vlees Bay – 66km
- Vlees Bay to Mossel Bay – 33km
- Mossel Bay to George – 41km
- Mossel Bay to Oudtshoorn – 93km
- George to Knysna – 60km
- Knysna to Plettenberg Bay – 31km
- Plettenberg Bay to Storms River – 56km
- Storms River to Port Elizabeth – 154km
For the energetic and young at heart, there is a choice of several famous Golf courses directly in the vicinity. The famous Fancourt golf course is just 30 kilometres away from Vlees Bay.